Elections & Voting
For the local offices, you must file with the Russell County Clerks Office and are subject to filing fees. See page Local Open Positions and Filings for a list of open positions and fees.
Register to Vote
Voting Photographic Identification Requirements
If you are voting, don't forget your identification. Beginning in 2012, every voter must show photo identification when voting. A voter requesting a ballot by mail must either write his or her driver's license number on the application or send a copy of photo identification to get a ballot.
Valid photographic identification documents include:
- Driver's license or ID card issued by Kansas or by another state.
- U.S. Passport
- Student ID card from an accredited post-secondary education institution in Kansas
- U.S. Military ID
- Employee badge or identification document issued by a government office
- Concealed carry of handgun license issued by Kansas or by another state
- Public assistance identification card issued by a government office
A voter age 65 or older may use an expired document.
Certain individuals are exempt from the photo identification requirements:
- permanent advance voters (voters with illnesses or disabilities)
- overseas military voters and their spouses and dependents
- voters with religious objections who sign declarations