- Trisha Strobel, Treasurer
- Ronnie Gideon, Deputy Treasurer
- Dana Snellings, Motor Vehicle & Tax Clerk
For more information visit the Treasurer's Office FAQs.
Visit the iKAN website to renew a vehicle, renew your license, pay property taxes, order vital records, and more.
The Treasurer is responsible for the receipt, management, disbursement, financial reporting, bonds, and investment of all monies paid to the County and services as agent for the State of Kansas Department of Revenue and Finance.
The Treasurer compiles composite reports from individual record books to general ledgers: reviews and reconciles receipts, bills, and cash received to assure accuracy of figures to prevent discrepancies and financial loss. In addition, the Treasurer categorizes, indexes, files, and deposits materials, forms and monies received to assure public funds are administered properly.
The Treasurer is responsible for the proper receipt, accounting, and disbursement of county funds within proper policies established by the State of Kansas, Russell County Commission, and Townships for adequate financial control.
- Investment of Revenues
- Keep accurate record of monies received and disbursed
- Check supporting data for all check and cash receipts from all county monies
- Submit accurate financial records for annual audit
- Prepare monthly reports
- Update Investment Report annually if law changes
- ACH transfers of monthly tax payments
- Send monthly monies to the Kansas Department of Revenue
- Apportion taxes to various entities
- Collect miscellaneous revenues from all county offices and departments
Real Estate Division
- To collect taxes certifies for all real estate, mobile homes, special assessments, utilities
- Process Kansas Homestead payment for senior citizens and disabled persons
- Pursue collection of tax liens by ordinary lawsuit or by proceeding to the taking of the tax sale deed
- Prepare for publishing a newspaper notice of tax sale
- Conduct annual and adjourned tax sales
- Send notice of delinquent taxes to taxpayers with outstanding taxes
- Send notice of annual tax sale
- Process tax sale redemptions
Motor Vehicle Division
- License, title, collect use tax and motor vehicle registrations in Russell County.
- Issue duplicate, salvage, in lieu and in transit titles
- Record and release security interests
- Prepare reports for the Kansas Department of Revenue
- Process refund claim forms
- Issue special license plates
- Work with Department of Motor Vehicle Investigators
Collection of Property Taxes
It is the Treasurer’s duty to collect all taxes, certified by the County Clerk, which includes real estate, mobile homes, special assessments, buildings on leased land, equipment assessed as real estate and utilities. The County Clerk delivers tax lists of the various districts to the Treasurer at the beginning of each fiscal year. Taxes are segregated in taxing districts, and the amounts collected are apportioned to the various funds; State, Area Schools, Ag Extension, County, School, corporate entities and townships.