The Russell County Health Department offers a variety of Family Planning Services. We believe abstinence is the safest form of birth control, but do promote other methods as well. We offer various methods of birth control that are either free to the public or can be bought at a discounted price (based on income). Practicing safe sex can allow for a healthier community through preventing Sexually Transmitted Diseases as well as Teen Pregnancy. You can also see if you qualify for the Early Detection Works program. Call our office if you have any questions or to make an appointment to see Paula Bitter DPN, APRN, NP-C. Call to make an appointment today!
- Annual physical exam and pap test
- Pregnancy testing
- Counseling in contraceptive methods
- Contraceptive supplies
- Birth control pills
- Depo Provera injection
- Health information and education
- STI testing and treatment
- Appropriate referrals
- Our office excepts insurance policies from a wide range of companies. Please check with your insurance company before your appointment to confirm that the service provided by the Russell County Health Department will be covered by your policy. Fees that are not covered by your insurance will become the policy holder's responsibility.
- Our office is not a provider for the following insurance companies:
- Sliding fee scale is based on family size and household gross weekly/monthly income. Proof of income include:
- Recent pay stub, within the last 30 days
- W-2 or last tax return
- Employer letter with hours worked in a pay period and wage per hour